To post a new topic, please Log in or register

FAQ: TeamWox Groupware installation

TechSupport
TechSupport 11/02/2010 15:09 | #

System installation:

1. Where can I find TeamWox groupware installation guide?
  2. What kind of server is required for TeamWox installation?
  3. Is there a Linux version of TeamWox groupware system?
  4. Can I install TeamWox server on a virtual computer?
  5. What are the requirements of VPS to install TeamWox server?
  6. Please, explain how I can install your TeamWox Collaboration Software on my web-hosting?
  7. I have a web-site. How can I place TeamWox Groupware there?
  8. Why do we need a domain name?
  9. How can I change the domain name of my TeamWox Groupware server?
  10. What to do if the "This name already exists" message appears during TeamWox re-installation?
  11. How to allocate a new additional IP address on a computer?
  12. What database is used in TeamWox collaboration software?
  13. How can I install a separate Firebird DBMS and connect TeamWox to it?
  14. Why during the installation of TeamWox server a message "You can't setup server to FAT system drive. Please choose another drive" appears?
  15. What is the difference between use of the SSL certificate supplied with the collaborarion system and use of an SSL certificate issued by a trusted certification authority?
  16. How to add MetaQuotes Software CA into the list of trusted certification authorities?
  17. Can I use any ports other than 443 and 80 for TeamWox Collaboration Software?
  18. How can I check if 443 port is free on my computer?
  19. How to set up the firewall (Windows 7) to let the TeamWox traffic through?
  20. How to install several TeamWox copies on one computer?
  21. How to move the TeamWox web server to another computer within local network?
  22. How to move TeamWox Groupware server to the hosting provider's server?
  23. How to find the hosts file?
  24. How to speed up TeamWox Groupware by storing components on different drives?
  25. TeamWox collaboration software doesn't work with Skype. What should I do?
  26. How to upgrade TeamWox server to 64-bit version?
Network and remote access settings:
  1. How to set up the access to the TeamWox Collaboration System from the Internet?
  2. Can TeamWox Groupware work in a Local Area Network (LAN)?
  3. Should I run or install IIS to provide operation of TeamWox groupware system?
  4. The system is available only when I'm working on the computer where TeamWox server is installed. I cannot access the business management system from the local network.
  5. How to connect two offices via Internet using Kerio Winroute Firewall?
  6. "The server is not connected to the Internet" - how can it be? It can download updates.
  7. Why can't I open the groupware system from the Internet? In the local network all is fine.

System log-in:

1. Getting Started with TeamWox Groupware
  2. How to configure your workplace for working with TeamWox Groupware?
  3. What is the best web-browser for TeamWox Groupware?
  4. I cannot open the page of the created TeamWox domain from the Internet.
  5. I can't enter the business management system, while trying to reach a local IP address from a browser.
  6. I've installed TeamWox server recently, but cannot access it today. The logs show that the service is launched, and the ports are unoccupied. What might be the reason for the problem?
  7. I have installed TeamWox server, the server is launched but I can't enter it. The collaboration system says, page is not found.
  8. 443 and 80 ports on a router are open. Why can't I open the collaboration system from the Internet?
  9. I've installed the server, edited hosts on all client computers, the domain pings, but I can't enter TeamWox groupware system. What's the problem?
  10. TeamWox is installed on Windows Server 2003/2008, but the infinite "Loading..." message appears when first entering the system. What's the problem?
  11. TeamWox Groupware Authorization Issues
  12. I've added a user to the outsource group, with very limited access rights, but now the user cannot even log in the system. What could be the problem?
  13. IP address of my server has changed and now I can't enter TeamWox Groupware from the Internet by the link ***.tmwox.ru.
  14. SSL connection error. Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have. Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.
Using the system and the functional:
  1. Download Setup Guide of the TeamWox Business Management Software?
  2. The Help Manual of TeamWox Business Management System?
  3. Download Brief Training Course for TeamWox Collaboration Software?
  4. Where can I find TeamWox log files?
  5. How to set up a Gmail mailbox in TeamWox collaboration software?
  6. Email does not work in the eMail client of TeamWox Business Communication Software?
  7. How can I send a payment order via email in TeamWox Business Management Software?
  8. I've closed the task in Task Manager and cannot find it now. Where can it be?
  9. How can I save the Live Chat history in TeamWox customer support module?
  10. Where is the license file for TeamWox Groupware stored?
  11. How to copy text from DOS prompt?
  12. Are any backup copies of business information stored in TeamWox Collaboration System?
  13. How to limit access to the TeamWox business management system?
  14. How can I reset a user password in my TeamWox Collaboration Software?
  15. How to change a password for a user imported to a groupware from Active Directory (AD)?
  16. Why do I get errors, when I try to download files over 50 Mb from folder connected through WebDAV to TeamWox collaboration system?
  17. What to do if WebDav on Windows 7 is working slower?
  18. Why can't I set up WebDAV folder on Mac OS X?
  19. Can I connect to TeamWox Business Management from my smartphone or Tablet PC?
Common questions:
  1. Being developers do you have access to our TeamWox Groupware?
  2. Where can I find TeamWox Groupware delivery terms?
  3. Technical customer support for TeamWox users

Functional modification and expansion:

1. I have some suggestions regarding TeamWox Groupware. Whom can I contact?
  2. Where can I find additional information on the SDK TeamWox Groupware?
  3. What are the existing means of integration of TeamWox with other business management software?

How to speed up TeamWox Groupware by storing components on different drives

This article describes ways to optimize operation of the TeamWox groupware system by storing components on different physical drives.

TechSupport
TechSupport 11/02/2010 15:17 | #

What database is used in TeamWox Groupware?

SQL base is an Embedded Firebird free for commercial use. To store large contents the native implementation of file databases with automatic packing and content encryption is used.

We've applied a specialized file storage, because in most cases data are once recorded and then many times read. The storage engine also uses an efficient cache.

In addition we offer TeamWox Application Programming Interface (API) with all necessary interfaces for accessing SQL and file storages. Besides, instead of Embedded Firebird you can use the Standalone version, to which other applications can connect directly.

TechSupport
TechSupport 11/02/2010 15:23 | #

How to move the TeamWox web server to another computer within local network?

To move the TeamWox web server to another computer, do the following:

1. Stop the TeamWox Groupware service on the current computer using the following command in the command line:

<TeamWox installation path>\updater64.exe /stop

2. Unregister TeamWox Groupware server as a service in the system:

teamwox64.exe /uninstall

3. Copy the entire TeamWox Groupware folder to a new computer.
Note, if you're using alternative path for database storage, copy database file as well.

4. In the 'config' directory (<TeamWox installation path>\config) open the teamwox.cfg file and change there the IP address ("server_ip=" line) to the IP address corresponding to the new computer.

5. Register the TeamWox Groupware server as a service and create the SSL certificate binding to the IP address written in teamwox.cfg. Use the following command:

teamwox64.exe /install /certinstall

6. Download updates and start the TeamWox Groupware server using the command:

updater64.exe /activate

7. If necessary, set up TeamWox Groupware server access through the hosts file, internal DNS server or redefining of DNS entries on the proxy.

8. If a firewall, traffic control antivirus etc. is installed on your computer, exception for TeamWox collaboration software should be added.

TechSupport
TechSupport 11/02/2010 16:30 | #

How to find the hosts file?

Depending on the operating system, hosts file is located in the following directories:

• Windows 95/98/ME: WINDOWS\hosts
  • Windows NT/2000: WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
  • Windows XP/2003/Vista/7: WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Hosts file is editable with standard Notepad, but if you run Vista or 7, you must have administrator rights in order to save changes.
To do this, click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> right-click Notepad and then click Run as administrator.

TechSupport
TechSupport 11/02/2010 16:58 | #

How to allocate a new additional IP address on a computer?

Use the right mouse button to open Network Neighborhood -> Properties -> Local Area Connections -> Properties (RMB)-> TCP/IP in Internet Protocol -> Properties:

1. If your computer obtains IP address using DHCP server that automatically assigns local IP addresses to the network computers, then in order to allocate an additional IP on your computer, you should disable the "Obtain Automatically" option in TCP/IP parameters, then manually enter the current IP address, subnet mask and the main gateway.

To know the current IP address use the ipconfig command: Start -> Run, enter the cmd command, press OK and then enter the ipconfig command in the appeared window. The result of the command will be: IP of your computer, subnet mask and the main gateway.

2. If IP is assigned manually, i.e. fields of IP, subnet mask and main gateway are filled out in TCP/IP properties, then to allocate as additional IP press Advanced, select Add IP and enter a free local IP address of your network.
After that restart your computer. To check values of IP addresses use the ipconfig command.
TechSupport
TechSupport 11/02/2010 16:59 | #

Where can I find TeamWox log files?

By default TeamWox collaboration system is installed to "C:\Program Files\TeamWox".

TeamWox Groupware log files are located in "C:\Program Files\TeamWox\logs":

• files named in the format of YYYYMMDD.log are common log files of the TeamWox server operation for a certain day;
  • files named in the format of YYYYMMDD.http.log are log files of the incoming http requests;
  • updater.log is a log of the update service operation.
TechSupport
TechSupport 11/02/2010 17:00 | #

Can TeamWox Groupware work without the Internet?

TeamWox Groupware system can work in a local network. Still the Internet connection is required for the system activation (obtaining of the SSL certificate).
TechSupport
TechSupport 11/02/2010 17:22 | #

Can I use any ports other than 443 and 80?

No, TeamWox collaboration software cannot be connected to other ports.
TechSupport
TechSupport 11/02/2010 17:46 | #

Is there a Linux version of TeamWox Groupware?

You can work in TeamWox Groupware from Linux or Mac OS X in the following web browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari or Google Chrome. But there is no special version of TeamWox Groupware server for Linux or Mac OS X.

TechSupport
TechSupport 12/02/2010 17:02 | #

How can I check if 443 port is free on my computer?

To check whether the port 443 is free, use the netstat command. Launch the command line console (Start -> Run -> cmd) and run the following command in the appeared window:

netstat -an | find "443"

If the command result is a line like this:

TCP 0.0.0.0:443  0.0.0.0:0  LISTENING

it means that port 443 is already used by some other application.

Back to topic list  | 12345678

To add comments, please Log in or register