Software as a Service (SaaS) is a software sales model when the developer provides a customer with access to an application through the Internet. The main advantage of the SaaS Model for the customer is that they don’t actually receive the software itself, but get all the functionality implemented by it. In this case the client does not pay for possession of the program, but merely renting it. While using SaaS the customer avoids expenses connected with the deployment of the software in the company, as well as all expenses related to the maintenance of the hardware the software is installed on. Responsibility for all this falls on the SaaS provider.
The TeamWox business management system is also sold a SaaS version which provides remote access to the collaboration system via a web interface. The program is not installed on the customer’s hardware, but on the servers of MetaQuotes Software Corp. or the servers of other SaaS providers. This eliminates many potential problems and expenses:
Avoids serious financial investment for the purchase of collaboration software under the traditional licensing scheme
- Reduces the deployment time for software installation and groupware introduction
- Eliminates the need to purchase hardware, thereby providing trouble-free operation of the business management system
The SaaS model makes it much easier to deploy the application as the customer does not actually receive the software, but only the business functionality that it provides, which is essentially all the client needs. This also avoids the the substantial cost associated with purchasing the software under a standard licence scheme (with local installation) – The SaaS application is paid for in the small increments for each period of usage for the application. In addition it is possible to eliminate the purchase all the hardware that would be needed to run the application on enterprise level server infrastructure.
All you need to do is pay for access to TeamWox Groupware SaaS installed on our servers or those of other SaaS providers. The system can be accessed through your favorite web browser.
Advantages of the TeamWox SaaS:
Clients receive all the business functionality they require for running their business, without needing to buy an entire groupware software package.
- The whole system benefits from a Fast Start which gets you up and running quicker.
- The SaaS subscription price includes all customer support and all system updates.
- With SaaS you don’t need to install or set up any software or track the release of updates and install them. This is all handled by the SaaS provider.
- Administration, maintenance and the stable operation of the server is also the SaaS provider's responsibility.
- Confidentiality and information security are guaranteed - none of the SaaS provider employees will have access to your data.
- The number of possible users is unlimited - you can have as many employees using your collaboration system as you need.
- Buy TeamWox SaaS Collaboration Software!
- What Is Software as a Service (SaaS) and What Are Its Advantages?
- TeamWox SaaS Cloud Technology for Service Providers
- TeamWox Collaboration System as a One-Stop Business Information Storage
- Description of TeamWox Groupware (Collaboration Software)
15 April 2010