In case the graphic user interface of the system cannot be launched due to some conditions, one can use the console commands of the special tool "updater.exe" and the executive file of the system "teamwox.exe".
The distributive of the TeamWox system contains the "updater.exe" (or "updater64.exe" for 64-bit versions) file located in the folder, where the system is installed. This is the component of the system updating. Using it, one can also perform different actions with the TeamWox server even if it is not started.
Working with this tools is performed through the command line, one should specify path to the "updater.exe" file and one or more keys, for example:
The following keys are available:
- /activate — the activation of server, checking of the updates, their downloading and installation if there are available ones.
- /start — start the TeamWox server located in the same folder as the "updater.exe" file. The name of the corresponding service is automatically determined.
- /stop — stop the TeamWox server.
- /restart — restart the TeamWox server.
- /update — check the system updates and download them if there are available ones (without installing them).
- /upgrade — install previously downloaded updates.
- /crashlogs — send server crash logs crashlog.txt. The crashlogs directory and files in it will be deleted.
- /backup:"path to folder" — create backup at the specified folder. For example:
- /compact — When starting the backup process you can specify the additional key /compact. In this case, before making a backup, the system will delete all the data marked as deleted for its file storage (tasks, requests, commends, images, diagrams, etc. deleted by users). This allows to decrease the size of backups. An example of using the additional key:
c:\TeamWox\updater.exe /compact /backup:"c:\TeamWox\backups"
- /delete:"path to general backup folder":concrete backup folder — delete the specified backup. The key parameters contain a path to the general folder for backups ("backups" on default) and the folder of the concrete backup that should be deleted. For example:
- /restore:"path to general backup folder":concrete backup folder — restore the system from the specified backup. The key parameters contain a path to the general folder for backups ("backups" on default) and the folder of the concrete backup that should be restored. For example:
- /proxy:server name or IP address:port number|login|password — if the connection of the server to the internet is performed through a proxy server, one can specify its parameters using this key. The key can be used together with the "/update" and "/activate" ones. In the parameters of the key it is necessary to specify the name of the proxy server or its IP address, the connection port number (optional), login and password if needed. For example:
c:\TeamWox\updater.exe /proxy:myproxy.com:443|smith|Fa356cb /update
- /beta — this key is intended to allow the downloading and installation of pre-release builds of the system. This key can be used together with the "/update" and "/activate" ones. For example:
c:\TeamWox\updater.exe /beta /update
- /dbcheck — check of the structure of the Firebird database used by the TeamWox system as one of its storages. If there are no errors, the following message is written to the journal /logs/updater.log: "Database has no errors".
- /dbbackup — creation of a backup of the Firebird database.
- /dbrestore — restoring a Firebird database from a specified backup.
In order to fix a corrupted structure of the Firebird database, create its backup and the restore the information from it. To do it, use the following commands:
updater.exe /dbbackup:[backup_file_name.fbk] /dbrestore:[backup_file_name.fbk]
- /dbstat — display an extract from the transactions statistics of TeamWox server's Firebird database.
- /dbsweep — launch clearing the transactions queue of TeamWox server's Firebird database.
If you use several keys simultaneously, the execution of commands is done in the order of their specification (from left to right).
This file must also be launched from the command line with one the keys. For example:
Before executing the console commands (except "install"), one should stop the TeamWox service using "updater.exe /stop" command. The following console commands are implemented for the executable file of the system:
- /install:servicename — install the TeamWox service with the specified name. If the service name (servicename) is not specified, the "teamwox" name will be assigned. This command is used when moving the system.
- /uninstall — deinstall the TeamWox service. This command is used when moving the system.
- /certinstall filename password — install the certificate to the system from the specified file that is secured with the specified password. If the file name and password are not specified, the certificate will be installed from the TeamWox license file (certificate of MetaQuotes Software CA).
- /certlist — list the SSL certificates bound to IP addresses;
- /certremove ip-address — delete the binding of TeamWox server certificate to a specified IP address;
- /resetpassword login newpassword — reset the current password of the account (login) and set a new one (newpassword). For example:
c:\TeamWox\teamwox.exe /resetpassword admin temppasswd
- /checkfirewall — check if the teamwox.exe application is added to the list of allowed ones in the MS Windows operating system firewall. If not, the allowing rule will be automatically added.